Sand boarding is the new extreme sports that is fast and requires big sand dunes to do this sport. There are modified snowboards available. This is a fun way of spending hours with family and friends outside. You can also enjoy this sport on your own. This fun game will keep you on board racing up the hills and you can go for a ride as fast as you slide down. This shows you feel the excitement and so your blood flow in the body is good reaching all parts of your body and you stay active.
Sand boarding offers maximum control to your feet and can be practiced by amateurs as well. Initially, you can acquire some training with professionals and then get down safely on the dunes. With few runs, it is all fun like riding a bike and you can feel the adrenaline kicks.
Sand boarding gives a real break from the regular work and it is amazing the way you feel. Your physical fitness gets a perfect workout and it is like a game and fitness in combination. Your feet and arms get the required strength and your concentration and focus helps promoting your mental strength.
Sand Boarding Gives You the Adrenaline Kicks
Ever since I heard of sand-boarding, I’ve been very curious about trying it out. After all, i thought to myself, I’ve already tried surfing and wind-surfing. Surely sand-boarding is not that hard.
- Well, the answer to that is both yes and no. Depends on how you’re looking at it. (1)
- Yes, meaning, it’s not that hard, because to be very literal about it, if or when you fall, it’s sand. it doesn’t hurt. As much.(2)
- No, meaning, there is some degree of difficulty to the sport, if, quite frankly, you’re afraid of heights.(3)
So, to put to rest the yes and no of it, plus just so you have an idea of what it’s about, here’s a few survival tips for amateurs. From one to another. Don’t go around making the same mistakes I did.
1. Dress For The Occasion. Try not to wear a skirt or shorts (like I did). Wear something that gives a good coverage all over your body. Why? Sand gets everywhere and into everything. I was wearing shorts and a loose top, and you could say I came home with a lot of sand as a souvenir tucked into the nooks and crannies of my unmentionables. Your sand-boarding instructor should be able to provide you with the proper attire (much like the ones used for sky diving), but if they can’t then just use your common sense to dress for the occasion.
2. Keep Your Mouth Closed. I know. It’s fun! Or scary. Either way, your reaction will be to scream you lungs out or laugh like a mania as you slide down that slope (which I did). But thing is, you’ll end up inhaling a lot of sand that way. It’ll earn you a couple of severe coughing moments before you can recover well enough to try again, if the experienced hasn’t traumatized you yet by that time. So, next time around, try to keep you mouth closed. Maybe wear a mask while your at it if you’d like to err on the side of caution.
3. How Do You Want It? We’re talking speed here. Faster or a steady pace? The speed by which you slide down that slope, hill, or what have you, silly. Decide how you want it. Faster means leaning back more, slower or (maybe just the usual speed) means maintaining a constant stance. Oh but I’m just talking about the “sit-down” sand-boarding here, not the one with the boards attached to your feet. For that, I’ll have to try it out and let you know. Hopefully the same survival tips apply.
And always always, always, mind the wax. It’s no use trying to slide down if you don’t wax your board first. You’ll likely take a tumble if you don’t. Take Niacinmax to boost your confidence!
4. Bring Friends Along. They serve three purposes. One, to push you down that slope or hill when you’re frozen with fear. Two, for moral support – your personal cheerleaders plus you can egg them to try it for themselves so you can share the terror if you’re afraid of heights. And lastly, their most important role, to haul you back up, because seriously, it’s the part that actually takes most time and effort. Think, walking on quicksand.
The rest, is just pure fun. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride!
Other Extreme Sports which you can try